Sunday, December 10, 2006

Crazy Weekend

Happy Sunday! Just a quick note here. Hope you all are having a great day! Ours was full, though not what we expected.

I had to miss most of class Friday because I had some strange bug. I was weak and nauseous and flat to bed all day. (Praise: It was a 24 hour thing!) After feeling well all day on Saturday, we went for a walk as a family after dark and I twisted my ankle when my foot slipped of the paved edge of the road. Thankfully, there hasn’t been too much swelling, and I’m able to walk on it a bit, though not as much as normal. Because of that, instead of going to the local Church this morning (for the first time, as we had planned), we had church at home as a family. Also, I had plans to go to the Ibu-Ibu meeting today, but had forgotten about a small group meeting that was taking place at our home at the same time. So I’ll have to wait until next month to join the Ibu’s for the meeting.

Prayer Requests:
1. Quick healing for my ankle (Praise- we have the bike and don't have to walk to school)

2. Tomorrow Josh is to play the special number on his guitar in Chapel. I’m not sure which Christmas Carol he’s chosen. Please pray for him – he hasn’t had too much time to practice. I’m sure I’ll wake up tomorrow to the sound of him practicing.

3. Also, please pray for Spencer - he seems to have some sort of bug, too. Might be parasites, though, so we all took a treatment. Hope he does better tomorrow. He was pretty miserable tonight. No fever, normal body functions but just felt yucky, didn't want to eat and only wanted to lie around. So, we'll see tomorrow how he's doing. If this treatment does the trick, great, if not, we'll take him to the lab for some tests to see if we're missing something.

Thanks for upholding us in prayer - we couldn't do this without your partnership!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Josie, I hope your ankle heals up quickly and I hope Spencer gets well soon.
I love reading your updates. Keep them coming. I will be praying for all of you. I Love you all.

Anonymous said...

Oh Yeah and Good luck to Josh on his Christmas carol!