Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Long time coming...

Yes, a new post has been a long time coming but worth the wait - I hope! It's actually a little shocking to me to see it's been OVER a month since I posted but I know why so it makes sense to me. It's really hard to blog consistently when you're fighting nausea and fatigue and can't really tell people why yet. "Today I was nauseous. I was also tired." Next day..."Today I slept all day. I was also nauseous." Gets boring after a while.

This morning we were able to chat with Josh's folks for the first time in a few weeks and were able to share with them the news that another grandchild was on the way, and so NOW we can tell all of our friends! I AM PREGNANT with our 4th child. Thus the nausea and exhaustion, thus the lack of posts. Hopefully I will do better in the coming weeks but no guarantees! I'm excited as I've always wanted to have 4 children (nice even number, no middle child)- but I might withhold any demonstrations of that excitement until I can function normally again!

This is by far the worst I've felt in the early weeks of ANY of my pregnancies - possibly because I'm over 30, maybe because I've got 3 little ones, probably because my sickness seems to be triggered by heat and I now live in the tropics! Maybe all 3! It's not just MORNING sickness, it's ALL DAY/ALL NIGHT sickness. I'm clinging to the promise, "This too shall pass!"

If you know me this photo is a dead giveaway - look at my eyes! And look at Julia's t-shirt - backwards and inside out - that would never happen if I felt normal! :)

I haven't been to the Dr. yet but plan to get there after Christmas. I expect to deliver around mid-July, not sure yet exactly where but likely here barring unforeseen problems.


Having fun with the kids and the camera!

The kids are excited - the boys want a brother, Julia did at first too but now is voting for a sister. We'll see what we get - hopefully a healthy baby and an easy labor.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you in on our good news. Will let you know what else is going on as I think of it! Thanks for your prayers- they're especially vital now as Josh is doing both mommy and daddy duties on top of his regular stuff - and he was running a fever the other night so we're not sure what's up with him!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Josh and Josie!!! Praying for you that your pregnancy will go smoothly and that your morning(and evening) sickness will pass soon. Keep the faith and continue on for the sake of our Lord. We miss you and love you! Bill and Carol

Amy said...

Yeah another baby! I am so excited for you. Praying the nausea passes soon. I had it the worse with Owen too...it is so hard to function with your daily stuff as a mom when you have it "all day" (and night for me..yuck) Hoping it subsides soon.

Congrats again :)

Kat said...

Yeah!!!! I am so happy for you both. John was just hinting at adding on but I think four is plenty...I can't imagine 5! I hope you nausea passes soon. We will keep you and Josh in our prayers!

Wes & Brenda said...

How exciting! Hope you are feeling better soon! Praying for you and for Josh. Hope he is feeling better soon as well.

Kendra Rickert said...

SOOOO exciting! Congrats! I hope that you are feeling better soon!Got any saltines? I thought you had been a little quiet lately on the blog and facebook! I am voting with Julia. I think it would be fun for her to have a sister.