Saturday, June 14, 2008

Followup on Our New Home

In response to questions from the comments:

The little (and it is very little) red door in the backyard goes into the neighbor's backyard. It's padlocked for security reasons.

I could line the walls with potted plants - that would be very like the locals do - but would be more likely done in the FRONT yard where visitors and passers-by could see them. We're hoping the vines that are growing on the wall grow down lower - Josh is trying to train them that way. I also have access to some morning-glory like plants with purple flowers and a vine that grows with nice coverage - so I may put some in pots and train them to go up those walls as well.

A down-side to this house is that there is no "good view". All of the views are less than desirable (unless you don't look out the windows)! :) That's part of why I put the curtains up. The windows are tinted and you can only see IN from outside when the light is just right, but everything looks better through a gauzy curtain! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAY WONDERFUL! Thanks for putting up the pictures. Your place looks great. I totally understand how it feels not to live in your own place, so congrats!
Blessings,
Janine

Mandy Caley said...

19 days today- 22nd...
woo hoo
Mandy :-)
PS I am wearing my bracelet as I type :-)