
Hello! In case you all got a bunch of emails from us - sorry - I was cleaning up the blog. I wasn't sure if it would send them or not.
Anyway, it's a hot & muggy afternoon here. It looks like rain, so I hope Josh remembers to pick up ponchos for himself and for Mitchell, who went out with him on the moped to run errands.
Yes, we finally have wheels - 2 wheels total! We bought a Yamaha moped last week. Another step in blending in and living like local people (we can't do anything about Josh's height or coloring). It's incredible to us to see all of the bikes everywhere! They outnumber cars and truck by far!! And what's even more funny is the amount of people they fit on just one bike!! We've seen up to 4 adults, or 5 people if it's a family (the mom holding the baby in her arms). Josh has taken all 3 kids out at the same time but I don't plan on trying that for a long time. The kids are really cute in their helmets. As for me, I don't like the helmet much (so hot to wear), though I do wear it. It's already got makeup all over it, but the other day when I was driving in a downpour I was glad for the visor. (Too bad the visors don't come with windshield wipers! The downpours are like taking a shower!) I haven't gone too far from home on the bike yet, but I'm becoming more and more comfortable driving it. I still have to think about which side of the road I should be on when I take turns.
We are already halfway finished unit 2!! We continue to learn an incredible amount of vocabulary, though we're into grammar now as well. (More of a struggle for me as I was never good at grammar in English - but Josh is in his element!) Each morning we have to give an oral presentation. It used to take quite some time to prepare them, as we had to look up many words in the dictionary. Now we are not allowed to read them, so rather than prep, we just get up to the front of the class and improvise. It's good in that it helps us to think on our feet.
Anyway, I need to get studying. A classmate is coming over later to study vocabulary with me so I have to get my homework done this afternoon! Have a great day and thanks for praying for us. Overall we're doing well, with a little homesickness here and there. Thanks to all of you who send notes. We love to hear from you!!
2 comments:
Great to hear from you guys. We have not exactly been freezing here ourselves. It has been in the 50s and 60s this week. Glad to hear Language is going well and that you can get the majority of the family on the moped. That is hillarious. You will have to get a photo of the 4 of them on the moped together.
Wow, entire families on one moped. That must be quite a sight! It sounds like things are going well. We continue to pray for you, for your adjustments and for the language. We sure miss you at small group.
If you have a moment, my Joshua would like to know what your favorite Bible verse is!
Kristen and Bill Grossman and kiddos
Post a Comment