The kids ready for their first day of school - Spencer 6th, Mitchel 4th and Julia 1st
We were finally able to get a piano for the kids. I'd been shopping for one since November of 2010 but the stores never had the simple ones in stock, nor could they order them. I didn't want a keyboard with all the bells and whistles (and didn't want to pay for the bells and whistles when we didn't need them) so it took almost a year to locate an affordable electric piano.
The cool thing about this piano and the timing of it is that when I started homeschooling Julia, it didn't take too many days to realize that she was an advanced student. We did some tests and she was reading at about a 6th grade level, spelling at about a 4th grade level and clearly was past the level of math presented in the 1st grade book. I did NOT know what to do - what I could teach her, and was praying about what was next. I was so thankful to be able to talk with a teacher who helped me custom design a curriculum that would challenge her. One way I felt I could teach Julia was to teach her piano - that was something she didn't know anything about and it would be good for her. That very Friday night as Josh & I were on a date, we drove by a music store that up to that time hadn't had a piano - and there was one IN THE STORE! We stopped and checked it out. It was at the upper level of our price range, but doable! I felt like it was SUCH a gift from the Lord!
Josh & the boys putting the piano together
Mid-August the boys got their birthday package from their Venezuela grandparents and California aunt. What fun for them to open it and enjoy their treats and gifts!
Boots is getting bigger! So is Katrina!
She loves to "play" the "neeano" - after she washes her hands!
Late September I turned 35. This was my birthday meal.
My friends took me out for coffee - we 4 women represented 4 different nationalities - how fun is that?!
As is our tradition, we went out for a family dinner to celebrate.


1 comment:
I love seeing how your kids are changing and growing! Your friends remind me of mine here. My two closest friends here are from Korea and Australia.
Post a Comment