Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Preparation

It is SO hot here that while it seems that every year I have great intentions to do a lot of Christmas baking, I seldom make it even half-way through my list!  One of the things I'd promised Julia was that we'd make Cocoa Snowflakes together.  So, despite the heat, one afternoon we made these cookies.  

I didn't really intend for Katrina to join us (just to watch) but she REALLY wanted to help, so I assigned her the job of rolling the cookies in the white sugar before Julia did the powdered sugar step.

Katrina ROCKED that job!  She did SO well!!

We had a lot of fun, and the cookies were SO good!

Spencer helped out that evening by making Mac n Cheese for dinner (from a care package we'd received).

Josh and the boys made me an easel for a Christmas gift! 

I sewed the girl buntings for their dollies for Christmas.

I also made their dollies some diapers!  Katrina has gotten really good at changing her baby's "poopy diapers"!  :)

Our tradition is that I sew the girls Christmas dresses...

...and Christmas pajamas!

We love how they turned out!

My sewing station!  I spent a LOT of time sitting there in this month!  I enjoy sewing though, and the fact that I can see the results of my work fairly quickly!

No comments: