Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Day

We were so excited to get an email on Christmas Eve saying that there was a possibility that we could join in to watch a live stream of our Church's 6 PM Christmas Eve service.  We got up at 6:45 Christmas morning to watch it at 7!  
The girls were still in their PJ's.

Pastor Philip on my monitor! (Thanks Paul!)

After the service, the girls put on their Christmas dresses and we had breakfast: Cinnamon Rolls and fresh mangos!

Yum!





We finished our advent candles by lighting the Christ Candle.


After breakfast, I hid in my office to wrap a few last-minute presents.  My Mom messaged me, and I was excited to hear that they'd be home and wanted to join us for the present opening!

Ready to open gifts.

We started, as usual, by reading the Christmas story.

My parents, sister Kara and niece Felicity had a chair of honor as they joined us via Skype!

I'm holding the laptop so that they can see the girls open their gifts!

The boys checking out their new invisible ink pens!

Our traditional Christmas Day lunch is sub sandwiches - this is something we love to eat when we're home, seldom get here and it's a huge treat!

I made the ham, the pickles and the pickled peppers.  We found the bread at the grocery store, so that was a treat - not to have to bake the bread.



Soooo tasty!

Mom - the sandwich is TOO BIG for my mouth!!

Mmmmm!


It rained most of the day.  We watched The Fellowship of the Rings in the afternoon/evening with the boys, and I tried out my new easel while we watched.

We ended the evening (once the kids were in bed) with a nice long Skype chat with Josh's parents and sister.  What a nice, relaxing Christmas day!

No comments: